What do I need to bring for Texas Hunting
If you plan to hunt waterfowl, you should wear good waterfowl camouflage in a dry grass or wetland reed patterns. Migratory ducks and geese get pretty wary by the time they have made it this far south. Our Texas duck hunting guides can call them down, but these birds are going to be watching very close. Our guides will also give you some expert tips to bring the birds in close and how to knock them down when they are in range. This is valuable information you can use when you duck hunt on your own.
If you want to hunt dove, you are going to need the same type of camouflage as well. Our birds are big and fast-moving. If they see something they do not like, they will not hang around.
If you want to hunt quail or pheasant, wear comfortable clothes. We suggest jeans or briar pants if you really want to chase after birds through thick scrub. You do not necessarily need to go through thick vegetation because our dogs and guides can flush the birds out for you, but wearing the right clothing guarantees your comfort and safety. A comfortable shirt and a light jacket if the weather is cool is all you need. We will supply a fluorescent orange vest for you to wear while on the hunt for your safety. We require this so everyone knows where you are and you know where everybody else is.
All hunters need to have a valid Texas hunting license with state and migratory bird endorsements. If you plan to enjoy an upland game hunt you will also need an upland game endorsement.
Hunters will need
- Hunting Clothing-Camoflauge/ Natural Colored outerwear
- Steel or Non-toxic shot for waterfowl hunting(shells are available for purchase at lodge)
- Cooler (to carry home your processed harvested game)
- Alcohol is not provided (BYOB)
Whats included in your waterfowl hunting package
- Chef prepared and plated meals
- Game processing
Typical Schedule (based upon a one nights stay)
- Arrival 3pm – the afternoon prior to your morning hunt.
- Appetizers served in the main lodge followed by a chef prepared and plated dinner.
- Wake up call the morning of hunt with a light breakfast.
- Departure from lodge following your guide to the hunting location.
- After the hunt head back to lodge for a chef prepared and plated lunch.
- Departure 1 pm
You can pack your guns and ammunition in airline-approved cases if you plan to fly. Since we offer duck hunting close to Houston, catching a flight is easy.
Our guides can also accompany you to the clays range to help your correct shooting mistakes. They know how you can improve your wingshooting so your time in the field will be even more enjoyable. Contact us to schedule a memorable Texas guided duck hunting trip at Pintail Hunting Club.